Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nature's Wonders

I am a morning person who normally loves to get up early and get a good start on my day. A few weeks ago I got up early like I usually do, but instead of feeling energetic and happy, I was feeling a little down. I decided it might be nice to spend a few minutes on the computer checking my e-mail before I started any projects.
As I was sitting there, a noise outside my window caught my attention. I looked out to see a doe with a set of twin fawns. The fawns seemed to be just a couple of weeks old. Their fur looked soft and beautiful! They had little white spots all over their backs like young fawns do. They were not straying too far away from their mother who was keeping a close eye on them. I got so caught up in observing them that I forgot the things that were troubling me. Before I realized it, I was feeling rejuvenated, happy and ready to start my day.

Watching these wonderful creatures helped me to remember that the important things in life aren't always about going to work, cleaning the house or even paying bills. Sometimes it is more important just to take a little time to enjoy the simple pleasures, like these deer, that the world has to offer.

Since that day, these deer have not only been back to visit, but they have decided to make my yard their home. They live in the Oak brush just above my back lawn. I have had many opportunities to watch them. It is nature at its best! One day they came when my daughter was sitting on the back porch. She was able to take these pictures of them. I hope you enjoy them as much as we have!


Amazing little creature. I can't even get upset at it when it eats my flower garden.





This picture is a little blurry, but if you look closely you will see the doe and her two fawns.








Although my daughter cut off some of the deers' head, I decided to put it in anyway because it is awesome to be able to see the fawn nursing.




Beautiful little twins!

I hope that you also have opportunities in your lives to slow down a little bit and enjoy some of the many wonderful treasures that this life has to offer to us!

(Written by Elizabeth from the Boost Team)

No comments:

Post a Comment