2/3 C. Granulated Sugar
2 Eggs (slightly beaten)
1 C. Mashed bananas
1 3/4 C. Flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Soda
3/4 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Add eggs and bananas
- Mix together thoroughly
- In separate bowl mix together: flour, baking powder, soda and salt
- Pour into wet ingredients
- Stir only until mixed thoroughly. (Do not over stir)
- Scoop into a greased bread pan
- Bake for 1 hour on 350 degrees
- Let cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan
This recipe can easily be modified to make it much more nutritious. This makes it great for a snack to send to school or to have prepared when the children get home from school.
These are our suggestions:
1. Raw cane sugar can be used in place of the granulated sugar.
2.You can also use whole wheat flour instead of white flour, but you would want to use a little less whole wheat flour because it is heavier than white flour.
3. We also like to use sea salt and aluminum free baking powder in all of our recipes.
4. Use organic eggs instead of regular eggs
* Note: Costco is a great place to purchase organic eggs, raw cane sugar and Aluminum free baking powder at affordable prices.