Monday, September 5, 2011

A Great Birthday Photoshoot Idea

I am a bit obsessed with pictures. When I have a baby I do my best to get their pictures professionally taken within a couple of weeks of the birth, around three months, six months, nine months, and a year. After that it gets way less, but still. I like to do my kids pictures at least once a year.

In keeping with my photography OCD I had my baby's pictures taken when he turned one year. My friend is a photographer so she came up with an idea for a darling photo shoot. She got two pieces of white beadboard, one for the base and one for the background, and I made and decorated a cake. We let my son eat/demolish the cake, which we set on the beadboard, and took pictures. Super easy and super cute. She did it with her son when he turned one year, and we did it with mine for his birthday. I love the pictures. I think it's darling. I thought it was an idea worth sharing. Here are a few pictures from the shoot.

And before he demolished the cake we took a few pictures with his singing doll. This was one of his birthday presents. Obviously, he loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment