Monday, June 27, 2011

Photoshop Fun

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend.
I thought I'd start this week off by sharing some of what I've been doing in my little world. My sister recently got married and she asked me to be a backup photographer for her wedding. I have absolutely no photography skills, but I do have a really nice camera (which I bought used) so I agreed to do it. Here's the amazing thing about the whole situation. The pictures I took look exactly like... snapshots! Yae! No professionalism there. But, I have photoshop elements on my computer. Tell you what, it is an AMAZING program. My crappy little snapshots have been so easily transformed into something much, much better. Why am I sharing this, you ask? Well, because part of being a Wonder Woman is being good at everything (haha, just kidding), recording our children's lives, decorating our homes, saving money, and a million other things. I do all these things with my pictures... well, apart from saving money, which I'm working on. I'm a picture freak. Within the last year I've taken at least 2500 photos, possibly more. And I love, love, love the look of a good professional photograph. Of course, I'm not going to go pay a photographer every couple of months to take my kids' pictures, and I'm sorry, but I won't go to the department stores to get them done anyore unless I'm desperate. One to many quality issues there for me. So I'm trying to learn to take my own. I don't take the best pictures, but photoshop elements can do the rest! So, for all you Wonder Women who love pictures as much as I do, here's a sample of what you can do with your own photos.

Crappy Snapshot becomes...
Little studs!

Photo over-exposed and definitely needs to be cropped is turned into...

Absolutely darling!
Then, of course, after having so much fun photoshopping wedding pics I had to take a few of my superheroes-in-training... here's my favorite so far, since I haven't edited most of them yet...

Before... slightly over exposed, color seems a bit dull to me.... but he has a cute face!
After... brighter color, more clarity, and look at those eyes pop!
You know what the best part about this is? I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm a photoshop rookie in the truest sense of the word. But it's fun and I'm going to have the pictures I want without putting out the hundreds of dollars necessary to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment