Monday, June 13, 2011

Wonder Women

I grew up watching the weekly Wonder Woman series on tv. It was fun to watch beautiful Lynda Carter be put in the most difficult circumstances and consistently come out on top!  With the help of her cool red, white and blue sexy outfit, fully equipped with a special belt, rope and wrist bands, she always accomplished her task.  Sometimes she would get to the point where it seemed the bad guy would win this time, but because of her perseverance, quick thinking, and seemingly super-human strength, she would get her man and the world would be a better place.

As an adult, there have been many times that I have considered myself to be Wonder Woman.  I never had a sexy outfit that came with special powers to help me, but I did have a desire to be the best  I could be.  My special powers and super-human strength came from saying a lot of prayers and never giving up.  I have amazed myself with how many things I could accomplish in a day!  I would juggle homeschool, a job, raising the children, housework, laundry, and making meals just to name a few.  Of course those were just the daily jobs, but then there were always extra things thrown in like pregnancy and childbirth, helping others, going grocery shopping etc.  I would do all of this and still try to make time to read my scriptures, exercise, have a good meal on the table and look perfectly refreshed by the time my husband would come home from work. (Whew!  It makes me tired just thinking of it!)

Now, I am not trying to say that I am all that and a bag of chips, but what I am saying is that this is typical behavior for a woman.  We are all trying to be the best we can be and accomplish more than is humanly possible. Sometimes it takes super-human strength to attack our Herculean tasks on a daily basis.

 I have one daughter who goes to public school which means I have to go to the bus stop twice a day.  I have spent a lot of time observing the other mom's who also come to the bus every day.  They are all Wonder Women!!! They all have their own stories and their own super-human strength. For example, There is one Wonder Woman who has two girls.  One of them is a special needs child.  She (and sometimes her Superman husband) carry this little girl on and off of the bus every day.  They are very tender and loving to her.   This Wonder Woman is also a room mother at school. She spends a lot of time helping and going on field trips.  She is also finding time in her busy schedule to make a scrapbook for the teacher for her end of the year gift.

We, at Boospire, believe you are all Wonder Women!  We want you to realize how AMAZING you are!  Each of you has your own story and your own set of circumstances.  We realize that, just like the fictional Wonder Woman, you have your own special powers and super-human strength that help you accomplish your tasks and overcome your challenges every day. Therefore, in the future we will refer to all of you as Wonder Women. Everyone of you is a super hero to us! Together, we will change the world one Wonder Woman at a time!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment